Thursday, August 5, 2010

Rough night


What a morning.... what a night! We decided to try to put Emma to bed in a sleep sack instead of swaddling her. She went to sleep at 10:00 last night. She was up at 11:30, 2 am, 3:30 am, 5 am and then 6:30am. In between that the fire alarm went off twice during the night for no apparent reason and then the dog decided that she needed to get up and shake out her fur at 4 in the morning... which she does very noisily and woke us all up.  Argh!!! Emma took a morning nap from 8:00-10:45 and I slept with her... praise God! but she has refused to sleep any more so far today so I am about to take her in the car to put her to sleep and get some errands done :) 
This week, my days have been filled with consoling a crying baby and feeding non-stop. In between feedings I am pumping to try to keep a stash of milk in the freezer so that someday we can have a babysitter watch her or go somewhere for more than an hour and 1/2 at a time. So, I am one exhausted, sore mommy. I love this little girl.... but she is SO much work!!! It's a good thing she's so cute :) 

I was able to get almost all of my goals done yesterday though.... not sure how today will go but you never know! 

Gotta go... Emma is calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment