Monday, August 2, 2010

9 Weeks



Emma Update: Emma has been responding well so far to the vaccinations, we have not had to give her any children's tylenol or motrin (praise God!). She has kept a 98.5 temperature which is her normal temperature. She is acting totally normal for the most part. Last night, however, after her bath we were putting on lotion and massaging her legs when she suddenly began screaming bloody murder, worse than the cry that she had when she received the shots. All we could think was that her leg was sore and we squeezed it too hard or something... it wasn't gas because she never passed any and she didn't settle down for almost an hour. It was awful! But, today she seems to be back to normal other than wanting to nurse quite a bit. 
She is growing so fast. I just had to pack away all her newborn and about half of her 0-3 month clothes yesterday. She is very vocal now and becoming much more smiley and content. She is so cute and we just lover her to pieces. She even attempted a laugh the other day when Chris and I were both with her in the nursery... I love it when we are all together when she does something for the first time!

On Saturday, Chris's Dad came over in the morning and they went to the Ohio State Fair for a while. Emma and I ran over to some friends house from church to pick up some cheese that they had purchased for us and ended up staying and talking for quite a while. After that we drove home just in time for Chris and Grandpa Risheill to  get back. A little while after that, Chris's brother and his fiance showed up to meet Emma for the first time and we all went to dinner and had a really nice time.  

Sunday was a great day at church. Emma Sue was wide awake when we got there but I took her into the service anyway and she made it through the singing but once communion began she decided she wanted to vocally participate. So, we left and I fed her and she fell asleep just in time for us to catch the video testimony that Chris did with one of the members of our church. They played it and Emma and I sat next to MJ (the woman who was giving the testimony in the video) and it was just a really special moment for all of us. After church we went to eat and then stopped to the store and then came home and enjoyed a little afternoon nap then we all changed clothes and headed over the Bold's house to fellowship with our church family and so Chris could video the teens testimony of their time at the Teen Leadership Camp this past week. We had a really great time and I think I was able to hold Emma for a total of 2 minutes the whole night. :) 

Anyway, it was a great weekend! Today, our friends Joanna & Andrew are stopping by on their way through to her sisters in Dayton. So, we are excited about that!!! Now I have to go clean my house! :)  I can see it is going to be a Bjorn day today ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment