Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fun Filled Fall!

This past weekend, we had the opportunity to spend some time with our best friends who came up to go to Boo At the Zoo!

We decided to take them to the Pumpkin Show in Circleville first and it was awesome! I think Joanna and I enjoyed it more than the guys did. I love the excitement of the crowd and all of the different things to try and see and do... I love fairs and festivals! This one was no exception.  Emma had a great time and loved seeing the big pumpkins and she especially loved the parades!  She loves music, drums and gymnastics... and these were the main characters in the evening parade that lasted over an hour and 1/2 before we gave up and headed home for the night. :)


The next day, Joanna and I took Andrew and Emma to the World of Bounce to play on the giant inflatables. I was so proud of Emma! At first, she refused to go in or on anything because it was "too scary." After a while she warmed up and halfway through we were going down the 2-story giant slide together and by the end, she was doing everything by herself!  Love that girl!! She is so brave and I love that she will try new things!   Unfortunately, I forgot my camera and have zero pictures of this!

After a much needed nap time, Emma and Andrew put on their costumes and got ready for Boo at the Zoo. We headed outside and took some pictures of them in their costumes (Thanks Gwen Freyhof for the costume!)

Of course, there had to be funny faces! :)

My little Thomas the train! 

When Chris came home from work, we let Andrew open his birthday present. A set of interchangeable pirate hooks! I heard he has made good use of them already :) Love this little guy!


Then off we went to Boo at the Zoo! It was raining but we braved the rain anyway. We saw an Avengers show, which was very cheesy but the kids seemed to like it. I was afraid it would be too scary for Emma but she was enjoying it! We took some time to see some of the animals. Snakes! Emma's favorite :)



Emma was so excited that they were just handing her candy wherever she went! 

Stopping to say hi to the Sting Rays before heading for home. Love this child!


GREAT weekend with amazing friends and just what Emma and I needed to break out of our routine a little bit. After two nights in a row of being up very late and napping very little, it took its toll on Emma and on Saturday she was sick all day and threw up all over our bed. Nice. So, we stayed home and ate popsicles and watched a little TV in bed with Daddy and then watched a little TV on the couch downstairs. It all must have helped because she is feeling much better today :)



No comments:

Post a Comment